Louise Hutchinson is a partner at Bybel Rutledge LLP where she counsels organizations on commercial legal matters. Often operating in a general counsel role, Ms. Hutchinson assists with a variety of issues as they arise.
Her experience includes General Counsel and Corporate Secretary to a connector manufacturing company which she advised through its sale to one of the largest connector manufacturers in the world.
Louise has addressed commercial matters domestically and abroad and has also served as a law firm partner, legal counselor to religious and other nonprofit organizations, nonprofit board member and volunteer and in-house federal government counsel. She has worked extensively in the information technology field since the mid 90’s with an emphasis on agreements, licensing and privacy.
Active in the community, Louise has served on various local and national boards and committees including the Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania, the U.S. United Methodist Chancellor’s Association Executive Committee and her local Cub Scout Pack Committee. A graduate of Bucknell University and Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where she was a member of the Law Review, we invite you to email or call Louise.
Professional Affiliations, Awards, Boards
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania
- Programming Committee Member
- Manufacturing Sub Committee Chair
- IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- Privacy Bar
- Women Leading Privacy
- UMC3 United Methodist Chancellors Association 2015 - Present
- Member Executive Committee 2018
- Leadership Harrisburg Graduate
- YWCA Tribute to Women in Industry Honoree
- United Methodist Home for Children/Board Officer 2004 - 2009
- Community Action Commission Capital Region 1996 - 2001
- Pack 201 South Hanover Cub Scouts Pack Committee 2014 - 2016
- Grace United Methodist Church, Pastor Parish Relations Committee 2014 - 2015
- Graceful Moms, Grace United Methodist Church 2005 – 2010
- Co-Chair 2008
- Committee Chair 2007
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
Professional Presentations and Publications
- PBI Lecturer on Information Technology, Software Agreements and Licensing
- Presenter to Pa. County Commissioner Association on Information Technology Agreements
- Presenter to Technology Council of Central Pa on Internet Law and Software Transactions
- E-Legal Columnist for Harrisburg Magazine’s Business & Technology Digest
- Author Client Alerts on Software, Internet, Privacy and related Information Technology Matters
- Presenter on FIRREA Affordable Housing Matters to RTC/FDIC Nationwide and Northeastern U.S.